– The Bayou Bengals continue their impressive streak. They are splitting time now between football season tickets and group tickets for all other sports. Last week they sold 124 new football season tickets while adding in another 789 group tickets across baseball, basketball, gymnastics and softball.
– In the Bluegrass the team is keeping their eyes on the 2020 football season ticket campaign, while also adding in group tickets for other winter sports. Last week they sold 90 new season tickets for football and 117 group tickets.
– The team at Georgia State is continuing to capitalize on their group initiatives for basketball. Last week alone they sold 198 group tickets for basketball, besting last weeks total by 32 tickets. They also started the renewal campaign for football by using the text messaging platform, making first contact with their football season ticket holders!
– Ryan had a balancing act this week, focusing on making the initial contact for football renewals, working on Faith and Family Night and up-selling ticket package buyers to season ticket holders. He sold 9 new season tickets, renewed 96 season tickets and sold 283 group tickets. Strong week!
– Camille is getting into her groove at Robert Morris, selling 122 group seats for women’s basketball last week to local youth sports teams. She is also working on getting promotions ready for Girl Scouts, Teachers Appreciation Day and building relationships in the business community.
This week’s article is brought to you by one of our own, Senior VP Joe Rickert. This article dives into to highs of selling during a busy time of the sales cycle and how to follow up that period by getting back to the basics while alleviating the “sales hangover”. This is a great read now as some properties have started their on-sale process for football while others will be starting soon. This article will give you a road-map on how to navigate those ups and downs. Thanks Joe!
Get To Know Your Colleague
Today our highlight is going to be of one of Taymar Sales U. originators, Kim Parsons. We all know her as our COO/HR Manager/wearer of many hats, but she has done a lot to get to Taymar and we are lucky to have her!
Kim grew up in South Florida were she became a top ranked tennis player before heading off to The U (aka University of Miami). There she got her undergraduate degree but more importantly met her future husband Cole….they will be celebrating their 25th anniversary in August! Cole and Kim have two kids; Ryan, who is following his mother’s footsteps as he is a current Sports Management major at Elon, and Ashley (Kim’s mini-me), a high school senior, who is aspiring to be the next Katie Couric. Kim is a former trumpet player, white wine advocate, T-Swift fan girl and has been driving a boat longer than she has been driving cars.
Kim initially met Mark when she was just a few months on the job at IMG as they prepared for their initial meeting with Stadium Seating. Soon after this initial project she transferred to work directly with Mark in starting the Business Ventures division. In that division she directly ran the IMG College Seating, while also pitching in to help out with Ticket Solutions, Revenue Solutions and some hospitality and social media monitoring/training. She left IMG to work for Seating Solutions and DreamSeating, but was working with Mark behind the scenes to help start Taymar Sales U. In all, her and Mark have been working together for about 10 years making a dynamic duo in college ticketing! Kim’s quote about working with Mark, “I secretly, or maybe not so secretly, think he hangs the moon.”
Kim is tremendous at relationship building! She is the most proud of the relationships she has built with her bosses who have all become mentors and friends. I will finish this off with Kim’s motto, which should be something we all strive to do, “Do better tomorrow than you did today.”
Thank you Kim for all you do for us at Taymar Sales U.!
Super Bowl Pick ‘Em
Thank you all for submitting your Super Bowl/MVP predictions. It was a close race to crown our TSU Super Bowl Pick ‘Em Champ and it had to go to the tiebreaker of total points. Our winner is………drum roll please….
Drew Herrick – Picking the Chiefs to win 27-21 and Patrick Mahomes winning MVP! Only missed total score by 3 points and got the MVP pick right! Congrats Drew